Set in the midst of spectacular scenery KIA Lodge has 40 en-suite air conditioned rooms. Designed to compliment the setting, each cottage is built in traditional style using thatch and Tanzanian arts and crafts, such as Tinga Tinga paintings and Makunde carvings, giving it a distinctly African feeling.
The swimming pool is located on top of a hill affording a panoramic view of mount Kilimanjaro, mount Meru, the Maasai steppe and onwards the blue mountains. From here you can enjoy a sundowner and experience the grandeur of Africa .
At KIA lodge we will prepare you for your safari by ensuring that you are looked after in a unique friendly and peaceful environment and look forward to hearing about your African experience on your return journey.
KIA Lodge at a glance . . .
- Located on a secluded hill, minutes drive from Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Easy access to the Northern Safari destinations or starting point for climbing Mt Kilimanjaro
- Free (JRO) airport transfers from / to KIA Lodge
- 40 (twin bedded ) standard en-suite rooms with air conditioning, safe, mosquito net and telephone
- Day rooms available
- Spacious African style thatched brick cottages privately set in beautiful lush tropical & savannah gardens
- Birding – over 100 various bird species
- Excellent Restaurant with Continental, International and African cuisine
- Open bar with view of Mount Kilimanjaro
- Curio shop with internet service
- Wireless connection (public area only)
- Children most welcome