The 10 spacious villas are all privately set and lavishly expansive. Each villa is beautifully built, crafted and furnished in Zanzibar style. All villas consist of a spacious bedroom, semi open-air ocean view sitting room (baraza-style), cloak room with private safe, second floor bedroom (where two or three children can sleep or where you can sit and relax) and private terrace. From your ocean view terrace you can watch the local fishermen sailing the Indian Ocean and the breathtaking sunrise and sunset are yours.
Guests can choose between 7 Sea view Villas or 3 Baobab Villas. The Sea view Villas all have magnificent direct sea view, including a private terrace directly overlooking the Menai Bay. The 3 Baobab Villas have their own plunge pool and air-conditioning in the bedroom and are oriented towards the garden with several big baobab trees. The Baobab Villas have ocean views from the upstairs.
The lush and tropical garden with old mango and baobab trees are home to many indigenous animals including the rare Red Colobus monkey.
The beach is accessible both from the lodge and also by a small nature trail (about 50 m) that takes guests down to a small permanent beach.
Unguja at a glance . . .
- Exquisite and remote Indian Ocean hide-away
- 7 luxury sea view Villas
- 3 luxury Baobab Villas with airconditioning and own plunge pool
- Early morning tea and coffee served in the villas
- Bathroom with large shower, wash hand basin, separate toilet, towels, soap, shampoo, creams,
- Mosquito net, mosquito spray & coils, ceiling fan
- Cloakroom with private safe
- Restaurant & Bar: Fine cuisine using local ingredients seafood, herbs and spices
- Swimming pool
- Library & Reading corner
- Tropical gardens with mango and baobab trees
- Honeymoon extras
- Internet service, long distance calls
- Airport and tour transport
- 24 hour electricity, back-up generator